Your outsourced bookkeeper or sales/purchase ledger officer will complete a number of roles and have a number of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Generating and entering sales invoices.
- Entering purchase invoices.
- Entering debit and credit notes.
- Entering and allocation of bank payments.
- Entering and allocation of bank receipts.
- Bank reconciliations.
When the Client Uses Online Software, Our Outsourced Bookkeeper Will:
For more information on the Bookkeeper / Sales or Purchase Ledger role, contact your UK Based, Regional Consultant by clicking here
- Map and generate bank feed and import transactions from bank site or csv format.
- Allocate payments and receipts.
- Ensure ledger balance agrees to dashboard/closing statement.
- Prepare bank line – for payment to suppliers.
- Enter credit card expenses and reconcile balance.
- Enter PayPal, Amazon, Stripe, or other online gateway transactions and reconcile closing balance.
- Enter transactions of non-retail takings, if you have them (commission, lottery etc).
- Enter petty cash transactions and match balance with actual cash on hand.
- Enter journal entries of depreciation, loan/mortgage interest, HP interest, dividends, stock, and anything else as applicable.
- Generate report of accounts receivable and payables (ageing reports).
- Generate trial balance and other financial reports from bookkeeping software for overall review of business performance.
- Any other report that the client requires.
Related Links: Outsourced Bookkeeping: The Game Changer For Accountancy Firms